Butternut squash soup is a thick, creamy healthy soup with tons of flavor. It is super easy and quick to prepare and offers an excellent way to use squash. You can pair it with a simple side salad and a slice or two of French bread for a perfect cool-weather lunch.
I have intentionally left the ingredient list simple in order to allow the squash flavor shine through. You only need butternut squash, vegetable stock, olive oil, garlic, and clove. But even then you will find the end result having exceptionally rich flavor. A little bit of butter makes the flavor truly irresistible.
Much of butternut squash soup’s flavor comes from its cooking method. Roasting the butternut squash brings the best flavor out of it. If you ever get a craving for homemade butternut squash soup, try out this soup recipe. You are going to absolutely love it.
1 large butternut squash of about 3 pounds, peeled and deseeded
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
½ cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
3½ cups hot vegetable stock
4 tbsp cream fraîche
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut butternut squash into large pieces and arrange it on roasting tin. Brush the pieces with half the olive oil over the inside of the squash. Roast for 30 minutes, until golden and soft. Set the squash aside until it is cool enough to handle.
- Melt butter in a large skillet along with the remaining oil. Add onion, garlic and red chilli. Cover and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on a very low heat.
- Add the squash into the skillet, add stock, and cream. Cook for few more minutes.
- Transfer the squash to a high performance blender; blend until smooth. Return the soup to the skillet. Gently heat and season to taste.
- Serve soups in bowels with swirls of crème fraîche. You can scatter remaining chopped chilli over the soups.
If you loved this soup recipe and tried it yourself, please let me know how it turned out. You can leave your comments below.
Photo Credit: www.philadelphia.co.uk
Healthy living hub enthusiasts are passionate about well-being and healthy lifestyles, and we aim to help people return to their best by motivating and promoting simple changes in lifestyle and food habits. We encourage the mind body connection and believe in an all-round approach to health and personal well-being.
Latest posts by Healthy Living Hub (see all)